On Sunday, June 4, millions of Americans celebrated National Cancer Survivors Day. Whether you or a loved one has just been diagnosed, is currently living with cancer, or has completed active treatment, the Overlake family recognizes that you are a survivor.
In honor of you and those who support you, Overlake Cancer Center is hosting its first Survivorship Superheroes on Saturday, June 24, from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. This FREE event celebrates and educates patients and their supports on just what it means to live a full life with and after cancer.
Here’s what’s in it for you:
- A tasty, healthy breakfast and lunch
- Inspiring messages from our own Dr. Arash Moghaddam of outpatient behavioral health, and Breeze Dahlberg, breast cancer survivor and OMC patient/employee
- Opportunities to connect with cancer community vendors supporting your health
- Tours of the new Overlake Cancer Center
- Workshops from cancer care clinicians and others: Chair Yoga; Cooking; Coping & Stress Management; Expert Q&A Panel; Interactive Art; Sex & Intimacy; and Wellness in Survivorship
Thanks in advance for supporting Survivorship Superheroes and the new Cancer Center, please register by June 21st. We look forward to a great turnout!